About the Conference
The MOBIUS Annual Conference is a chance for MOBIUS members to come together once a year and swap ideas, network, and receive training. The conference is free for employees of Missouri libraries and affordable for those coming from outside the state.
The 2020 MOBIUS Annual Conference will be held at the Stoney Creek Inn & Conference Center in Independence, MO.
The hotel is located off I-70 next to Bass Pro in Independence. But maybe you'd rather have a map?
Stoney Creek Inn & Conference Center offers complimentary wireless internet access in all guest rooms, the lobby, and our meeting rooms. There is also complimentary 24-hour hot coffee & tea, hot breakfast, local calls, and on-site parking.
What to Bring
- A camera or video camera (encouraged - send us the video!)
- Your cell phone, set to silent
- • MOBIUS, through a generous grant from the State, can only pay for 1/2 of a hotel room for each guest. This means that if you do not share a room with another attendee, you are responsible for paying the other half which is $49.50 (Total cost for a room is $99.00 not including fees and taxes).
- The meals at the conference will be pretty substantial, but you will most likely want to bring a little extra cash for snacks and other extras. Note from the organizers: Some of us are vegetarians and made sure there will be options, but let us know if you have other dietary concerns.
- You'll want to have some dough for after-hours things.
Need something official to be reimbursed for your expenses?
The conference rate at the Stoney Creek Inn & Conference Center is $99 (+taxes & fees) per night. The dates for the conference are June 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, 2020.
What should sponsors (vendors) know?
Here are the important dates/times for our supporters who will be setting up a booth at the conference:
- Monday 2 pm-7 pm: Setup
- Tuesday 8:30 am-4:00 pm: Exhibits
- Tuesday 4:00 pm: Teardown
How do I sponsor the MOBIUS Annual Conference?
A good place to start is the sponsor sign up form!